Sunday, July 01, 2007

AH, JEALOUSY, MY OLD FRIEND...

Actually, that's not really true, I'm not used to being jealous. In the past, if I've felt jealous it was for a good reason - that I couldn't trust the person. So I would break up with them. Done and done.

This time around is different. I'm really into Peagant Girl, and I believe she's really into me. This relationship definetly has long term potential. That's why it sucks that I keep getting jealous.

Let's take for example the gentleman who e-mails her out of the blue to ask if this "relationship is serious", because he's had a crush on her for a long time.

Or the guy who pretends to be my friend to my face, and then tries to make out with her at a party while I'm in the OTHER ROOM.

Oh, oh, this one is the best. She's out in small town colorado this Summer for a music festival. She finally finds one guy she feels comfortable hanging out with that isn't going to hit on her. He has a GIRLFRIEND of a YEAR AND A HALF. They get drunk at a party and he starts hitting on her hardcore. Once she walks home alone, he starts calling her between 2 and 3 AM asking if he can come over. I wonder why.

Seriously. Where in the FUCK do these guys get off doing stuff like this? I would *never* hit on a girl who has a boyfriend. Casual flirting? Maybe - that depends on the girl. Asking if their relationship is serious because I have a crush on them? No. Trying to make out with them? No. Gaining their trust and then trying to SLEEP with them? Come on guys. Do you even care that you're dirtbags?

(oh, and P.S. you better believe I'm confronting this jackass when I get out there to visit her in a month. I'm already tired of him.)

So, long story short, after years of swearing I'd never be the jealous type, I seem to have become just that. Though, for the record, I think I'm handling this decently compared to how some guys might.

In the end, I am glad that she tells me these things. If I found out about them later from someone else, I would be far more upset, I think. It's got it's downsides, but in the end, I'm glad I'm with someone who is completely honest with me.

Venting complete. Thanks for playing along.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greyhound Girl said...

Ah the green eyed monster rears its ugly head. Damn I hate that.

5:07 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

I think you have the right to be angry at them, which might be confused with jealousy. Men are scum. Nothing personal. If she is as good as you say then you're going to have to lice with that.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

It IS good that she feel comfortable enough to share these things w/ you. That is the #1, MOST important thing you said.

I have all these mixed feelings....

I am seriously the LEAST jealous person you will ever meet. And having come from a bad (VERY BAD) relationship w/ an ex that was SO insanely jealous that he *made up* shit in his head and then insisted it was going on... I am fairly sensitive to jealousy.

But it is human nature. And I can see how you might get jealous. But it again brings me back to the fact that she is telling you these things.

I am a HUGE flirt. Most of the time the reciprocation is very innocent, sometimes not so much by the other part....but the main thing is that my heart is with Mike, MIKE knows my heart is with him and we just laugh about it. I think the most important thing is to not react in a way that would make her feel like she *can't* tell you.

You rock. I have faith in you. ;)

And I'm STOKED that you are coming to CO!!!!!

~xo

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home